About Dave Neary
About Dave Neary
I am a caring and empathic Registered Psychotherapist based out of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I work with my clients collaboratively from a strengths-based approach to help people resolve their issues of concern that are brought to therapy.
I use a variety of Therapeutic Approaches, including but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness Approaches
My age range of clients I accept in my practice are 16 years of age and up. I do not provide therapy to children or couples.
More about Dave:
- Earned my Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology in 2009 from the University of Toronto.
- Registered Psychotherapist in the Province of Ontario (C.R.P.O.).
- Experience as a Mental Health Worker.
- Experience as a College and University Counsellor at various Post-Secondary Institutions across Ontario.
- Former Secondary School Teacher for 20 years with Durham District School Board.
Why Work With Me?
In my 13 years as a Registered Psychotherapist I have grown by engaging in continuing education, meeting regularly with peers to share best practices, developing a broader toolbox of appropriate clinical interventions, and limiting my caseload so that I can be present and focused for each client and each session.
My service to clients is based on the principles of both strengths-based therapy and client-focused therapy. Using both of these techniques allows me to be present and focused on client strengths and client needs.
I do my best to schedule clients as soon as possible in my very busy practice. Often a cancellation by another client will open up an earlier session for you. There are no fixed number of psychotherapy sessions for each client - it will be a discussion between client and therapist about how many sessions the client would like to have.